The determination and prayers of 30 members of 14 local families led to the formation of a small country church on June 17, 1838. The original church was a vital part of the community, rooted in faith and guided by the Holy Spirit. Mt. Nebo United Presbyterian Church was a community of believers who loved and helped one another and shared the good news of Jesus Christ.
The first church building was a humble log structure and was a central part of the life of those families in
the community. The land was donated by two local farmers, Hugh Thompson and William Duff. In 1884, the original church building was replaced by a new structure. Two additions were added between 1953 and 1957.
What has remained true since 1838 is that Mt. Nebo United Presbyterian Church is still a small, country church where all are warmly welcomed and where love and support can always be found. Sharing the good news of Jesus Christ is still our top priority.